I didn’t get the results I wanted and struggled to get a job with the credit crunch, what was my next step? Decided to invest in booze!
2015 - Introductory to gin:
First taste of a decent gin was a gin martini with James at 56 North and was hooked - cheers to gin!
2015 February - Entering the lab:
Secretly sneaking into the mystery distillery lab at 6pm and coming out at 6am with my wacky professor companion, Cory Mason, who gave me plenty of spirit!
2015 - Challenging taste testers:
After creating over 50 recipes each noctorual week, we brought these to expert panelists to find the recipe and best taste. Citrus and floral flavours took the victory.
2015 - Minus 33's launch:
I found 33% was the most popular ABV (alcohol by volume), which meant the unique selling point is a low calorie spirit.
2015 - Minus 33’s launch:
Scaling up Minus 33...
2015 - Awards:
- 6th in Scotland’s 40 under 40
- 19th in the top 50 Global Spirit Innovation
2015-2019 - Key events:
- BBC Good Food, Birmingham (2015)
- Edinburgh Juniper Gin Festival (2017 & 2018)
- Edinburgh marathon gin station (2018)
- Fringe pop up at Rag & Bone Barbershop (2018)
- Fringe pop up at Thomas J. Walls (2019)